Saturated red lace hats

For a little swap hosted by the Ravelry Finnish stashbusting group I knit this red hat. The pattern is called Slouched Tuva hat and it's a really simple, lacey free pattern. And so quick to knit! It took me maybe two evenings to finish the hat.


My swap partner said she has a big head, so I cast on 120 stitches. I did the ribbing on 3,5mm needles and the main part on 4,5mm 40 cm circulars and the crown with 4mm dpns (I don't have 4,5mm dpns, otherwise I would obviously have used them. Didn't really make a difference though.) The yarn is Marika Moon, the same I used for my Versatility.


After the hat was finished, I still had some Marika left, so I cast on another hat for a friend of mine - this time with the recommended 90 stitches. The pictures are of me wearing the bigger hat.

Blog tags: 

Blog categories: 

Add new comment