A while back I made myself some yoga socks. They've been really useful and I've been using them now and then. After we got the Wii Fit board, Nick wanted some for himself too. So I whipped up a yoga sock following the directions for thicker yarn. However, the sock was a little bit too small, so I had to modify the pattern.
Yarn used: Regia Solid 6-ply, and Regia Solid 4-ply doubled for the stripes.
Modifications: I cast on 52 stitches instead of 42, worked 14 rows of 1x1 rib, then 26 rows of 2x1 rib (where the last rib was 3x1 as 52 doesn't divide through 3...). I cast off 28 for the heel, and obviously cast on 28 too. The foot I did as advised, only I didn't cast off in rib but plain knit, as I found this reduces the ribbing from spreading out too much.
Nick finds them just right, so I'm happy too! They look good as well, plus I finished them in one day, so a very nice project! Now I just have to make one more of the too-small yoga socks and give them to someone with small feet!
Add new comment