I started my second sweater some time ago, and noticed I won't be getting it done too quickly. So I'll show it half done and not wait for FO status before blogging.
The pattern's called Corona and I'm making it with basic acrylic yarn in fiery red colour. I'm one third through, and really like the pattern. The yarn's not so nice, but hey, I can't afford 100€ second sweaters! If I ruin this one, at least the loss won't be so bad and I will have learned a lot.
I feel like a good person sometimes, especially when I've been working on my charity knitting. Last weekend I finished another pair of preemie socks (that makes 4 pairs altogehter) for the ongoing charity and some mice to be sold for the benefit of the local animal shelter "Tierheim Essen" They now just need to be felted and filled with a jingle bell and some stuffing.
So, for the Sukkasato knitalong there's finally something finished to show in - the children's lace socks (which I call Pretty socks - you can see what I mean) plus a teeny weeny pair of preemie socks for the German ongoing charity project at www.fruehchenstricken.de. I have to say that ball of Regia has been plentiful - three pairs of socks from one ball!
Next, some things I'm working on for Christmas and birthday presents for my family. So if you are family - don't look!
I joined another fun sock knit-along Sukkasato (that's Finnish for Sock Harvest) - which runs September and October. It's Finnish, and the sign-ups are closed, so don't feel bad if you missed it. However, I especially like the fact that children's socks count, and that people are encouraged to knit for charity. I have lots of sock yarn rests, which make perfect children's socks.
Even though I'm not getting married (at least just yet), I'm making the Honeymoon Cami for myself. It's coming along quickly; if I hurry and the weather stays nice, I might be able to wear it this summer. I hope the sizing is right - my gauge is a bit off, but I counted that in and am making the appropriate changes, but somehow I don't trust my gauge. It seems one day it's like this, the other day something else. Plus, I started off in the wrong size, so the hem is 10 stitches wider than the body.
This seems to be a time for firsts. First design, and now an almost finished first sweater. I can't believe I have not blogged the progress of this prior to this post! I started it some time back, and am using the Xylem pattern.
I will post more photos and the stats once I get it finished - it's still missing finishing around the neck, and serious blocking for the hem.